NAPO (National Association of Productivity and Organizing) defines a Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultant as someone who supports evaluation, decision-making, and action around objects, space, and data; helping clients achieve desired outcomes regarding function, order, and clarity.
This is a loaded definition and simply stated means to us that anyone can use a Professional Organizer for many reasons throughout their life! Our homes are a huge investment and should be our sanctuary, where we are safe and comfortable. So whether you are a young couple having your first baby or a couple downsizing after retirement, we can help!
Who can use a Professional Organizer:
- Busy Families - Busy families use professional organizers often! Especially when both parents work. Lack of time can be the biggest reason we seem to get unorganized, so having a professional that knows you home, your lifestyle, and your needs can be a big help as our families grow and our needs change.
- Realtors - We can help with smart staging packages that not only prepare you to list a home, but help your clients make smart decisions on preparing to pack/move. This can save them a ton of time and money not handling things two and three times, or spending money moving things that do not make sense at the next home.
- Re-locations - Make sure that when you are moving that your new potential home will work for you, your family, and your storage needs. You want to evaluate the new homes storage opportunities and compare that to what your needs are. Then make decision on what makes sense to bring and what may need to be purged.
- Downsizing - Downsizing is challenging and can happen for many reasons. It can be a move to another city for work that has different floor plans and set ups or a downsize after retirement or for empty Nester's. Sometimes is is simply a move to live with less! Regardless, space and storage becomes a premium and a well planned move is essential.
- Seniors - Professional organizers can be very helpful with seniors. They often have some physical limitations and come with big families and a life time of stuff! We as professional organizers can approach any situation emotionally unattached and with logic. This can be especially helpful during a downsize or a move to assisted living where space is limited and must be efficient, accessible, and logical. The emotional component families go through can be hard for all, so having an expert help is very important.
- Families with Elderly Parents - We can help if you do not live close or have limited time to help with the physical demands you are facing.
- Chronically Disorganized - A professional organizer will bring logic to the situation and keep you motivated and on track while not making you feel ashamed. Being able to organize to someones strengths is important in these cases.